Before joining Qarad, Joke gained her IVD experience by working at the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) and at Fujirebio Europe (former Innogenetics).
At the UF/IFAS, her main focus was to perform research to genetically control Florida’s mosquito population by using molecular biology techniques such as PCR, primer design, cloning and sequencing. This research resulted in a new type of pesticide which could be sprayed on large areas and thus control the mosquito population.
Later, Joke joined Fujirebio Europe, where she worked for more than 15 years in R&D and the clinical department. Her major roles were:
- To perform and coordinate clinical performance evaluation studies and sample collection respecting European Laws and Regulations
- To obtain CE registration of different assays
- To design and develop different assays
- INNO-LiPA ND-Tags assay for specific detection of single nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) associated with Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease
- HBV diagnostic assays for detection of hepatitis B virus wild type motif and mutations for manual use and automated platform Auto-LiPA
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF) diagnostic assays for detection and identification of human CFTR gene mutations and their wildtype sequence, for manual use and automated platform Auto-LiPa
Apart from her proven experience, Joke was also co-author on several published scientific articles.